Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Words of Welcome

As I say on my web site (Ginawriter.com), I would rather inspire than expire. So here we go...inspiration in cyberspace. This blog is intended to be a whimsical blend of both highly practical information about the writing life, as well as how it feels to live on the brink of creative abandon.

I will include deep thoughts and dreamy abstractions on living a fully sacred, juicy, creative life--particularly through writing but not limited to this. Because I unequivocally believe that creativity emanates from the soul outward, my meanderings tend to be somewhat philosophical and occasionally meta-phenomenal in tone. Otherwise, I will pass along straightforward, practical information on what it takes to work as a writer and become professionally published: how-to articles, publishing industry news, author interviews, in-depth looks at specific genres, local literary scene happenings and more.

I vow to share my intimate thoughts on the creative process, as well as first-hand findings on actions you can take to keep your creative sap flowing like the essential life force that it is. I encourage you to share your writings and musings.

8 comments:

Michael Salone said...

Hello to my favourite "Jennifer Beals"! I tried to leave you a message from Brazil, but couldn't get it to work. Am back home now and so glad to read you! Hey, maybe we could meet for a coffee in October. Yup! I'm a comin' your way.

Congrats on the blog thing and don't get frustrated if it takes people a while to catch on. They will, I promise!

I for one will be back for more.

Big bises!

Hi, this is Gina. said...

coming this way? US? Northeast? PA? the Burgh? when????

Michael Salone said...

The Burgh/Mars area 12th October for a wedding...I'll keep you updated!

Sifu Cinda Hocking said...

Hi,

I'm reading your book right now (advance copy, my husband sells your publisher's books). I'm enjoying it very much. The many similarities to the discoveries I've made on my parallel journey have been a joy to read and resonate with. I work with clients as a social worker in a practice integrating many of these concepts. I think you have created an inspirational, accessible and pratical book.

It can take time for the momentum on a blog to build, but I know it will!

Cinda Hocking
Internal Energy Plus Consultant
www.cindahocking.blogspot.com

Hi, this is Gina. said...

Cinda,
Thanks for reaching out and for your kind words about the book. I commend you on your work as a social worker...your blog is interesting as well!
All best, Gina

Unknown said...

Oh my soul sister! I would have paid anything to be in that circle with you. I have sooooooo much needed your vibes and positive inspirations that you spread but there must be another plan in this life to keep us from not seeing each other! I hope THIS is the year! BIG HUG AND KISSES to you ,Don and the KIds! Annette from CHILE!!!!!

Kathy said...

Hey, Queena Gina! Your writing always transports me to a wonderfully creative space. Thanks to you, I've been bitten/smitten by the blog bug. And I pre-ordered two copies of your book on Amazon today. Love that magical style of yours. We're blessed to have you right here in the 'burgh.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your sharing...it helps...I am new to this 'blog' stuff, not a big computor user..I did send an email from your site, just to say thank you again...we are all in this transformative time in human experience,of which seems to be amping up...and we get sweet insights for our journey from folks like you sharing, so the 'blog' concept is good...I think your book will be the catialst for my next step...as I am in the dark depths as I write...yet miracles happen...teachers/gudie come..
Blessings, Carrie